We are not professionals, nor should any of the content here be used without professional validation to make decisions for your situation. Since entries appear with the most recent on at the top, if you would like to read in a chronological order start at the bottom.

If you feel that the experience shared here has helped you save time and money please consider donating to help spread the costs of acquiring it. Any contribution is appreciated. By way of thanks, anyone who donates will receive bonus materials:

- Current copy of detailed notes

- A sample accounting spreadsheet we use instead of costly accounting software

- A sample Statement of Qualification and Operating Agreement for an LLP

Thanks and good luck with your property!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Annual Reports

If you have LLPs registered with the Secretary of State in Arizona, it is that time of year. Every year, between Jan 1 and April 30, an "Annual Report" must be filed to keep the partnership current. It's a one page form that can be downloaded from the Arizona Secretary of State site. The "report" just reaffirms your local address and process server. Two copies of the one page form, a self-addressed stamped (I hope you kept some US stamps in stock) envelope, and a cheque for $3 and you're all set.

One year I did not have any US stamps for the "self addressed stamped envelope" so I just wrote the cheque for $5 and added a short note apologizing for not having the US stamp. They graciously stamped the envelope for me.

1 comment:

  1. Also, if you are born in USA and living in Canada, you might need some information on how to file and get your foreign earned income tax credit.